To foster cooperation among all parties in Virginia with an interest or stake in prescribed fire; for the purposes of optimizing burning opportunities for the benefit of natural ecosystems and wildlife, and to reduce the risk of damage from wildfires.
What we do
The Council is a mix of natural resource professionals, land managers, and others who support the use of prescribed burning. Its goals are to bring people together to:
- Promote public education about the benefits of prescribed fire as a land management tool now and in the future.
- Increase expertise in prescribed fire by sharing technical and biological information.
- Promote safety, training, and research in the art and science of prescribed fire.
- Review prescribed fire practices, regulations, and policies and suggest improvements.
- Promote best management practices that minimize water, smoke, and air quality impacts from prescribed fires.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of VirginiaLandCAN.
Virginia Prescribed Fire Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Virginia Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Virginia Prescribed Fire Council
Virginia Department of Forestry
900 Natural Resources Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Phone: (434) 977-6555
Fax: (434) 296-2369
Statewide service provider in: